Re: away with mirrors

Travis,

Great post, LOL!  Mayhap the loop of my response might bring this
slightly back into topic.
Have to agree using various instruments for a live gig, especially when
a friend makes a request for you to use something that you've never
used in a live experience (in this case it was a Tom Yocky
http://www.tomyocky.com 6-string lap dulcimer, "With Wings") being run
through with an A-B box also connected to a then stock MusicYo!
Steinberger Spirit GT-Pro guitar and then going into a few effects and
a Fender Princeton combo amp (this wasn't mine as well).  After having
quite a few technical difficulties (all dealing with patch cables) and
finally having one of them take out my guitar, I ended up playing the
majourity of the gig with the lap dulcimer (Boss UV-50, Yamaha UD-Stomp
and 2-4 minute Boomerang) and then was asked to jam with the next guy
who was on in the open-mic night.  To say that I was mortified and
would've given up the whole thing had it not been for several people
(not to mention a few of the other acts/bands that were there that
night) coming up and saying that they really dug what I was doing.
Won't rant about the quality of Guitar Center patch cables, really, I
won't.  ;)

Majour Tangent:
The other bit of fun was getting to go to Chuck's
(http://www.wmcworld.com) the week after in order to have the
pickups/electronics yanked out and to have a set of Seymour Duncan
(SH-2 in the neck, SCR-1 middle, and a SH-14 normal spacing in the
bridge) pickups, a push-pull pot (turn on neck pickup for the three
other settings from the 5-way switch), a dual concentric pot (neck and
bridge tone), a new 1/4" jack put into the guitar.  Been fiddling about
with the improved Spirit GT-Pro and man, what a difference!  I've got
harmonics, I've got sustain and I've got a worlds better sound out of
this instrument in my view.  Wonder what a GL would sound like with
similiar electronics to it.

Lee

"Vi Viri Venivirsium Vivius Vicci."
- Faustus