RE: dancers

One of my recent gigs was at an Irish bar that featured step dancers, with
the band providing accompaniment.    That is a great time!  But the bar is
noisy and crowded--and for that matter, the dancers were loud, being
amplified as well (oy!), so I passed up the opportunity to have a steady
gig.
Those dancers definitely paid attention to the rhythm, and possibly the
melody as well.  No loops tho . . .
Down in the Gaslamp area of San Diego, where Tom Griesgraber will be
playing
in a couple of weeks (different club--his venue is in the shadow of the new
baseball stadium "Petco Park".
Gary