Re: (To Synth or not to Synth)

.... not alone in prefering synth tones and patches that aremore organic
sounding.
But NOT when it's a badimitation of an acoustic instrument. Many of the
clichéd early 80's digi-synth sounds really rub me the
wrong way.

  I want synths for making sounds I can't make acoustically. Though I love
sampling "natural" sounds and decontextualizing them. I always felt it was
unfortunate that commercial synth were almost all keyboard controllers,and
usually locked into 12 tone tempered scales-even when playing other scales
one was/is still locked into keyboard technique,or lack thereof in my
case.
( being able to tweak touch response etc is  nice though) I'm really glad
this has finally changed,and there are so many interesting options for
controllers and processors.One can now do synthesis  in a much broader
sense.