Re: ORGANIC programming and looping

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Cooperman" <coop@newmillguitar.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: ORGANIC programming and looping

> I still say that you should eat organic lettuce and pronounce it
> "lett-toose"
>
> We must remember that you must sweat to smell and smelling correctly
> adds to the overall aesthetic transference.
>
> Now every body do it "lett-toose, let-toose, let-toose"  close the mind
> to power outlets and smell from every pore.
>
> I think there's at least going to be a recount in Ohio.  There are
> papers filed for nevada and New mexico.  You KNOW this was stolen like
> 2000.

One word for yah: ENDIVE.  Go chew on that for a bit, m'kay?

Back to being on-topic though.

When I think "organic" I think of it only in terms of [1] how the sound is
made or [2] how the sound SOUNDS.  From the listening standpoint I would
think "organic" (which would actually be more quasi-organic) would equate
an effect where one cannot discern the seams of the cloth as it were.

I experienced this same effect watching "The Incredibles" this weekend.
(Everything looks SO real from the texture etc. standpoint.  Gorgeous.)
There's a scene where Elastigirl (Holly Hunter's voice as Mom) picks up a
'super suit' off the bed.  The cloth-like appearance of the suit was SO ON,
I didn't think about it, taking it all for granted the way one does in a
good old-style non-effects film.  Sometimes I look at stuff like this and
think, "Hmm, nice render!", but this time I didn't in the least.  Visually
flawless.

So I suppose I differ from the gear-oriented thinking, in that I only care
about what the gear is, what it's doing etc. when I'm either setting it or
the looping up or troubleshooting the units.  I don't know that I'd ever
think about whether anyone was remotely interested in the equipment I use
either.  :)
Stephen Goodman
* Cartoons about DVDs and Stuff
* http://www.earthlight.net/HiddenTrack