From: David Kirkdorffer [mailto:vze2ncsr@verizon.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 9:18 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Generative music -- was KOAN music software (was ORGANIC
programming and looping (effects))

Back in 1997 I played with ways to create evolving music without needing
me to "do" anything once I'd set it up.  It was fun coming up with
set-ups and the music was interesting to me at the time.

I started by creating a very slowly evolving patch on a Juno synth - one
with the arpeggiator in use.  I fed that into a stereo-panning delay to
split the signal and then each side was processed by other oscillating
delays and stereo devices.  Then I would experiment with putting the
result of one chain of effects into an input on the other chain.
Needless to say it became quite soupy-sounding quite quickly! Then I'd
record a 198 second loop on my EDP and have that going too.  My
appartment was a carpet of wires. :-)