Re: [LOOP] RE: MIDI microphones?

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, Griff Peters wrote:

> I'm not looking to do audio to midi conversion.
>

> I want to have the singer be able to weird out her voice onstage with
> midi controllers built onto the microphone.
>

> What I'm looking for is a microphone that has switches or knobs or
> contacts of some kind built in. These could trigger program changes, CC
> values, etc.
>

> Just a simple program up/down would be cool. Or maybe effect on/off.
>

> Anyone seen something like this?

Griff, I know this isn't what you're looking for (for one thing, it's not
MIDI), but one of the best uses I've ever seen for an Alesis AirFX was to
clamp it onto a shelf on the singer's microphone stand at about the
height of her solar plexus. She could manipulate her vocals through the
AirFX.

best,
Steve B
Phasmatodea     http://www.phasmatodea.net/