Re: Have an RC-20.. need a little more

Dunno if this is what you're after, but I use two RC-20s and
an Echoplex in my setup:

http://www.marksmart.net/gearhack/jazzpedalboard/jazzpedalboard.html#V2

This allows 20 prerecorded loops (10 per RC-20) and two
prerecorded one-shot samples. I only use really short 4- and
8-bar drum loops so memory capacity is not an issue at all
for me on the RC-20s. My RC-20s are the old kind with 5.5
minutes of storage each, but if you used XLs you would have
way more (32 minutes?), which could be divided up among 20
loops. I use one of the one-shot slot 11 samples for a bass
drum and crash cymbal at the end of the tune.

This works out very well for me since the RC-20s can store
stuff with the power off and the Echoplex can't. Put 'em
together and you have something very flexible. Also not
cheap!

Originally I used the second RC-20 to record the master
accompaniment loop, but I got frustrated that I couldn't do
any songs that require different changes for the head and
solos, like "West Coast Blues" and "Bock to Bock". I also
couldn't tag an ending. The Echoplex solved those problems
and allowed me to use the second rC-20 to store a lot more
drum loops. Excessive, but effective.

Mark Smart
http://www.marksmart.net/