Re: Using backgrounds live

on this subject-i went DEEP into the <stanitarium> archives and found a
clip
from an old show from 1953 titled 'OMNIBUS' hosted by allister cooke,
nothing on the web except a little info on <www.tvtome.com>
anyway there is a scene i have on vid of Les Paul&Mary Ford being
interviewed by A.Cooke about mutitracking-and believe it or not Les is
'paulverizing' the audience w/ <8> Ampex tape recorders-playin his guitar
into the machines, building up tracks and then Mary Ford builds up some
vocal tracks-'How High the Moon'-and then they play and sing the whole
arrangement-'live' over the  24 backing tracks!!...
here's the kicker tho-the way it looks, ALL tracks were prerecorded-cause
he
is pretending to be hitting buttons for 'record' and then 'play'-no cueing
up or anything, and he never really seems to really touch a button at
all...
doubt anyone has this whole show on tape but what i got is a great piece of
an early version of the 'les paulverizer'...i'm thinkin, anyway.