Unidentified subject!

Help, I don't know many loopers and music store employees seem to not be able to answer my question.  Can anyone please help?

I am an acoustic performer who wants to create multiple loops on the fly. I had the new boss RC 20 loop station for a while but it seemed lacking.

I could not create a verse/bridge/chorus and toggle between the three because in order to save a phrase you must write(save) the phrase before moving to the next.  This shuts down the music.  Then you switch to the next phrase and save, shutting down the music again , etc.  So it is not really on the fly.

The other method is to presave phrases before the gig but with 11 banks that would only be enough for about 3 songs. Is there a loop pedal that does what I am looking for?

Thank you,

Colin