Subject:        [beyond_em] electro-music 2005
Date:   Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:13:07 -0500
From:   Greg Waltzer <egwaltzer@comcast.net>
To:     SynthSights@yahoogroups.com, Philly_Ambient@yahoogroups.com,
oddmusic@yahoogroups.com, beyond_em@yahoogroups.com

Call for participation

We proudly announce electro-music 2005 (TM), a three day international
conference/music festival to be held at the Cheltenham Art Center in
Philadelphia, June 3 - 5, 2005. The program will include lectures,
demos, jam sessions, and concerts.

The scope of this festival is very broad, covering all aspects of
electro-music, experimental electronic music, including circuit bending,
computer music, electro-jazz, modular synthesis, musique concrete,
improvisation, noodles (generative music, automatic and algorithmic
composition), multi-media, visual art and much more. The focus will be
on participant involvement, sharing, community development, audience
education, and great music.

Electro-music.com <http://electro-music.com> is an international
community of composers and musicians who share a passion for
electro-music. The community exists to create its own critical mass; to
enable its members to develop music on their own terms. Electro-music is
new music; still undefined; happening all over our planet. Electro-music
is the natural result of two techno/social trends: the availability of
low-cost powerful electronic music technology, and the communication
revolution enabled by the internet. Electro-music is not defined by a
particular style or sound, but by its primary motivation being the joy
of creation, and the love of electronic sounds; it crosses many genres.
For more information visit the event's web site.
<http://event.electro-music.com/>

Participation can consist of lectures, talks, tutorials, demos,
performances, robotic sculpture, presentations, concerts, automatic
music, or other appropriate expression. If you would like to contribute
to electro-music 2005 follow the instructions in one of the following
guideline documents:

      For speakers <http://electro-music.com/event.php?t=4698>
      For performers <http://electro-music.com/event.php?t=4697>
      For demos <http://electro-music.com/event.php?t=4699>