Re: arpeggiator

Such things do exist in the PC World.  The sampler in EnergyXT has a
"beat slicing" feature that does exactly as you say.  It slices audio
up and assigns note numbers to the slices, which you then play back
with midi input, an arpeggiator or step sequencer. There's also the
free audio arpeggiator from analogx
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/aarpeg.htm

Of  course, we still don't have Augustus Loop for the PC : (

--
Art Simon
simart@null.net