Re: buying it used = absolution

  At one time I was involved in making tuned wooden percussion instruments
and we discovered that there were hundreds of pallets made of tropical
hardwoods to be had around the port of Portland.Most of them get thrown
away.not even burned for heat.
  I'd say that buying used is not necessarily absolution ,but it is less
wasteful. Getting the most of the resources we use is far better than just
buying whatever's new and tossing it when the next one comes along