Re: Boss DD-20 resources/tips?

Kevin,

02/13/05 8:35:22, harrison@dnastudio.freeserve.co.uk writes:

Anyone out there got any good suggestions about info/resources for
using the Boss DD-20?

Suggestion: One of my favorite basic things to do with a DD-20 was to
set the first delay to 1250 milliseconds, the next to 5 seconds, the one
after that to 10 seconds, the next to 20 seconds -- all with near 100%
regeneration/feedback. The first one lets you set up a 4 count beat for
the second one for a basic rhythmic figure of some sort. The others let
you stretch out and play some longer phrases over that and evolve a bit.
The 5th and last delay preset slot I set up to a shorter 5- or 10-second
delay again but with 70-80% feedback so I can "fade out" smoothly and
naturally . . . or possibly introduce some weird reverse effect or something.
Not all that creative but useful for a lot of solo looping situations.

Best regards,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

"Different is not always better, but better is always different"

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???

"Just because nobody understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."