Re: Cool music alert: Battles - EP C

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 05:17:52PM -0500, David Kirkdorffer wrote:
> RE: OT ELP/JP f(rip)pI know I'm always on the look-out for new music
>that captures my imagination.
>
> I just picked up a CD by a band called "Battles" called EP C
>
> Very cool, modern instrumentals from a rock band format.  They use a lot
>of looping motifs.
>
> Tyondai Braxton
> David Konopka
> John Stanier
> Ian Williams

        I heartily echo that sentiment. One of the best live shows I've
seen this year. I'm a big Battles fan.

        Live all three guitarists loop extensively. I seem to recall
two EDP's and a DL-4 at least, and a laptop or two as well.

         If you dig Battles, and if you haven't heard the last couple
Don Caballero albums (particular American Don), run to the record store
now.
(Ian Williams was also in Don Cab).

Adrian
http://www.phasmatodea.net