Re: RE: Re:

Here you go Rich,

The man Michael asked me what kind of perspective I had.  So shut your
hot air, respectfully I say unto you.

Michael,

perspective comes from a life of learning music of all kinds and an MFA
as a composer/performer. I given a full scholarship at California
Institute of the Arts for my compositions and performances of them.  I
don't call myself a doctor although an MFA is an artist's doctorate.
They created this program using me as the test subject.  When I taught
college I was paid the same as a doctor.

I am not my education though I am my own man in music and do have what
you call "musical vision" if I am to believe what other people say
about me.  I may sound full of myself and I don't care.  I am just
stating what you asked.  If I put my head in a noose then kick the
chair out quick, or the horse or my cheap car.

My father was an opera singer and cantor, my sister is an opera singer
and jazz saxophonist, my other qualifications come from being immersed
in the classical guitar world where I am a fairly well known composer.

You can look me up on the Internet, we're all on there.  I have my own
site, like we all do but I usually talk about other people's great
stuff.  You can just look at
http://www.newmillguitar.com/larrycooperman.html or lcreviews.html and
there is my propaganda.

I'm 53 years old and have been doing this since I was 17.  I taught
myself classical guitar after I ungrafted my sex organ from my forehead
and grew up quickly as a classical musician.

I studied classical music myself and at college and concentrated on
music that was not for the guitar but for orchestra.

My dad died on television singing "If I were a rich man."  10 second
delay made it a private matter.  From the time I was born I heard bel
canto and Russian opera, orchestral music, Dixieland jazz, folk music
and popular music all from my older siblings.  I was stuck in music by
biology and chose it.  I continued past the music of my upbringing into
contemporary classical music at the age of 18 or so.  I performed
electric guitar at the same time I was learning classical guitar and
classical music.

My father and sister were amateurs in their singing and playing but
trained and always doing it.  I am the only one of my family with a
degree and chose CalArts because the music school is unlike others in
so far as the composers in training study world music and jazz as well.

A dozen recordings of my music exist by other performers and they are
fairly highly regarded.  I performed on the electric guitar with a 100
bands and my master's thesis was on backtones on the Yamaha SBG-1000.
Backtones are the logarithmic inverse of the fretting system, the
headstock pitches and the pitches from the bridge to the rigid bar.

I am no egg head and prefer to get stoned and free improvise in no
context except what I ate for breakfast and what human sacrifices are
offered to improvise with.  You do too I'll bet.  The creation of the
moment is just as important as the highly contrived written piece with
everything accounted for.  I'd venture to say it is more important
because it is a clear indication that you are alive.

I scored for dancers with the backtone electric guitar with transducer
nut and processors.  I scored a short film called "Clouds Like White
Elephants" a Hemmingway short story.  I guess we've all done this kind
of thing and I just offer it to you to broaden my "perspective."

I performed in a jazz band called "Dawn's Early Light" with Steve
Ellington, Duke's nephew.  I was the only sort of white guy in the
band.

I am immersed as a life not as a living.  I sell expensive guitars for
a living and collection of mechanical royalties amount to very little
because it is classical music.

I have opinions on girls asses because they are usually clothed.  I
have opinions on other things too but music, I make judgments because
it is my life and my nature.

I guess the village killed Frankenstein, they had a strong opinion.

Thank you for asking Michael.
Larry Cooperman
New Millennium Guitar
http://www.newmillguitar.com