Re: Re: Re:

On Feb 14, 2005, at 10:11 PM, Richard Zvonar wrote:

> At 7:48 PM -0800 2/14/05, Larry Cooperman wrote:
>
>> an MFA is an artist's doctorate
>
> I've always thought the DMA (Doctor of Musical Arts) degree was an
> artist's doctorate. My partner has one of these from Stanford, where
> it typically takes four years of study beyond a Bachelor's degree. My
> assumption was that a Master's degree (either MA or MFA) is a one or
> two year program and that doctoral programs usually take four or five
> years.

let me see here good dr.

i spent 3 years smoking pot with most of my instructors for my mfa.  i
ran my first mfa year consecutive with my last year of bfa work or pot
smoking with some of my instructors.  when they told me i had to get a
high school diploma before getting my bfa there i toyed with the idea
of leaving.  as you can maybe see i have very little respect for a
comprehensive education that someone anoints you with.  no shit, i went
through my undergraduate as a high school drop out.

how anyone can stand doing a dma is beyond me except for killing time.
i went to the only school i could go to and used college as a way to
drain money from the system and not get a job.  they told me that my
mfa was a terminal degree when i was grabbing it.  it was curious that
it was terminal to me.  i wasn't having a heart attack.
> --

> Richard Zvonar, PhD
> (818) 788-2202
> http://www.zvonar.com