RE: USB interface help

I use a Dell Inspiron 8000 with 512 Megs of ram (about 4 years old), USB
1.1, and recently installed a USB audio interface (Cubase System|4,
http://www.steinberg.de/ProductPage_sb.asp?Product_ID=2142&Langue_ID=7). At
the first tests I had frequent dropouts. After un- and re-plugging the USB
it worked fine. I did not defragment the harddisk and I'm doing stereo
recordings while playing back up to 14 stereo tracks (I haven't tried more)
simultaneously. 44.1 kHz, 16 bit.

Bernhard