Re: READING?

Oh, yeah! ...forgot about my beach reading: we go most days to the
coast (Southern Oregon) for a sunset/sand walk, during which I'll often
bring a book to read while the wife wanders with the pooch; these days
it's Exuberance by KRJamison. A few quotes/images:

' "Caterpillars, cockroaches, grasshoppers, lobsters or crabs or snails
are not to be distinguished from their seniors by any excessive
gaiety." '

' "Once I saw a rush of which the object was a butterfly. Eyes wide, a
gang of young male elephants collectively weighing maybe 40 tons
thundered to a stop as the small fairy, white and weightless, rose up
out of their midst. Then each turned on his heels and fled." '
dc