Re: laptop latency

On Mar 15, 2005, at 22:06, Gunnar Backman wrote:
> You mean 18-27 ms latency for an average soundcard + internal
> processing (am I getting you right .)

Yes. Because if we're talking live playing you have to deal with all
three types of latency:
1) input latency (analog audio digitized, AD conversion)
2) processing latency (software recalculating digital audio data)
3) output latency (digital audio transformed into analog signal to
drive speakers etc, DA conversion)

I'm just estimating on the fly, based on figures I have got from other
people that have measured DAW latency.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---