Re: AW: Underwater latency (not completely OT) ;-)

Thanks Doug.  Sounds as if I'm misremembering some of my class notes.

I'll go through and work some sample equations to confirm.  However,
there's one quoted passage that just reads wrong to me: "The denser and
the
lower the compressibility, the slower the sound waves would travel.
Therefore, the speed of sound is about four times faster in water than in
air."

Does that read weird to anybody else (like he's contradicting himself), or
is it just me...?

         --m.