From: Aptrev@aol.com [mailto:Aptrev@aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2005 3:37 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: basic loop equipment

In a message dated 3/26/05 1:03:58 PM, sstemmler@above-the-fold.com writes:

<< I want to be able to just "record a bit" and play. If there's something
out there with a minimal of extras and -for me-easy to operate-that's what
I'm looking for. >>

Hi

I second the recommendation for the Boss RC-20 pedal.

Simple, easy, and rugged.
Press the pedal and record, press again and immediately starts playing
loop.

If you don't like - press pedal to cancel and try again,  if you do like
you
can save it and transfer to tape or computer later. And you can add to an
existing loop to make it richer in complexity and texture, in other words,
fun!

Some digital recorders don't even have a loop function or it is buried
within utility screen sub-menus so you have to stop everything to access.

I have occasionally seen the older version RC-20 in used music stores in my
area for $200-$250.

BobC

http://www.cdbaby.com/rpcollier
http://trundlebox.iuma.com