Re: those wicked cool Alesis ModFX boxes...

Douglas Baldwin wrote:

> ...are on sale through Musicians Friend ($40 and $50 bucks per unit)
> and I just ordered the Bitrman, Metavox and Philtre. These are
> certainly going into my looping rig!

I've got the Philtre.  I had been running my guitar through a Korg MS20
for filtering effects and was looking for something more portable.  The
Philtre is definitely more portable than the MS20, but I don't like the
results as much as I was hoping to.  I miss the square wave modulation
the MS20 has compared to the Philtre's triangle wave.

So, the obvious question is: does anyone know of a small filter unit
with multiple waveshapes on its LFO?

John McIntyre
mcintyre@pa.msu.edu