Re: jealous of bay area gigs

   You can do a promo pack for an event the way you do for an individual
artist,or group, full color For some reason professional looking documents
make things seem more legit and important,it's seems silly ,but I know it
works. I know ,a power point presentatiopn.
  Doing a full or partial benefit for a nonprofit can be a way to get help
with funding ,space promo etc. set up etc. Even letting nonprofits set up
tables in exchange for promo can really help get people in the door.
ALWAYS put up a mailing list for people to sign,and ask them to sign about
once per set,like just before break when you remind them of the CDs and
shwag available for a nominal fee.When you can say -"and we've got nine
billion names on our mailing list" bookers for venues take you more
serioulsy.
  Nothing wrong with identifying the number of people you can email promo
as your mailing list.