who's that EH signal chain Re: Who's That Flanger

I'd always heard that it was done with strictly EH gear (Black Finger
Sustainer, Big Muff, Small Stone). Yes, I know Mike Matthews can sometimes
have a self-serving version of guitar history, but my ear says that this
story may be the straight dope, so to speak.

Also, as a rabid Hendrix fan *and* a gear freak, I do *not* hear any
Octavia on the song. Since "the Octavia made a tremendous amount of noise,"
I think they decided not to use it. It's possible that I could be full of
shite, but I don't think so, not this time. ;-)

Sonic Goodness,
Tim Mungenast
www.mungenast.com
www.cdbaby.com/all/timgoat