TIP: Free pitch plug-in software comes with Tiger

Just a tip:

If you use software on a Mac for looping there is a nice pitch plug-
in AU that comes bundled when upgrading the OS to Tiger. It can pitch
up or down two octaves and looks very useful for looping. If you for
example run a host application like Live or Numerology that gives
easy access to plug-in parameters you can set up a foot pedal with
different buttons for different transposing of loops. I guess this is
most useful for bass sound because the sonic degrading, that always
comes with changing the pitch of audio, doesn't matter that much in
low frequencies.

My fav application of this new AU pitch plug-in is to put a looping
plug-in first on a track (Lexicon PSP42 or Augustus Loop) and then
put the Pitch plug-in after the looper. Then record a loop and pitch
it through different chord changes etc. You can already transpose a
spinning Augustus Loop by sending it midi notes, but that's different
because it also changes the speed of the loop, not only the pitch. So
by combining these two loop transposing technologies you may set up a
pretty nicel looping rig on a Mac that will take you quite far by
juggling only two live loops.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---