RE: Pagey vs the Beatles RE: beck the elder (was "here is...")

--- Richard Zvonar <zvonar@zvonar.com> wrote:
> I interpreted Lennon's opening line as an homage to
> Berry's "You
> Can't Catch Me," and I thought it was bullshit for
> Berry to make a  big deal of it.

Yeah, I thought the same thing about "My Sweet Lord";
it's not like it was lifted from something obscure, I
think in both cases they figured EVERYONE must know
the tune. Same thing with "Baby, Let's Play House"
being recycled into "Run For Your Life", although I
don't believe that one ever spurred a lawsuit. Wait a
minute, Elvis DID try to have The Beatles deported,
didn't he??

Regarding the Pagearism, what's up with that Pearl Jam
tune that sounds just like a beefed-up 'Going to
California', anyway?

-t-

Yahoo! Mail