Re: surround looping

well, i have to disagree that multichannel doesn't add anything to a
performance. my first multichannel event was in '71, while i was a
student at indiana university. iannis xenakis was composer-in-residence,
and he gave a recital of his electroacoustic piece "bohor" in a recital
hall with more than a dozen speakers arrayed around the hall. the
performance was amazing and totally hooked me on multichannel sound.
it's taken me over 30 years to get to a place where i can do it myself, but
now i have a space in the brooklyn navy yard where i can present work
in quad surround and it's heaven. my first public event will be june 4th,
and i'll post an announcement to the list when the lineup is confirmed.
it will be a mix of pieces from dvd and live performance. i will also be
curating group events/jams at the space, so interested parties can email
me off-list for more info. immersion is a good thing.
i can also very highly recommend michael schumacher's sound art gallery
diapason in manhattan as one of the best multichannel experiences around.
i've had many a lovely sound experience lounging on his comfy cushioned
floor listening to some first rate performances.
http://www.diapasongallery.org/
cheers
bruce