kosmic renaissance - sax looping, tablas, etc

kosmic renaissance in jazz news:
http://home.nestor.minsk.by/jazz/news/2005/07/0805.html "This trio
pushes jazz to the edge with tabla drumming, live saxophone and
saxophone looping, and groundbreaking emceeing using the newest in
technology, the Vestax Faderboard, developed by Kosmic Renaissance
artist Shing02. David Boyce (sax), Sameer Gupta (tabla), Shing02
(emcee)."

Their website with some sound samples:
http://www.isotoperecords.com/KA.htm

"KA is a trio of accomplished Bay Area improvisers concerned with the
exploration of sound, texture, and rhythm, Toni Pope (vocals, efx),
Sameer Gupta (tabla, drums), and David Boyce (saxophone, bass clarinet,
synth) conjure other worldly tones that are as ancient as the pyramids,
and as futuristic as quantum physics. It is an abstract sound that
speaks to our soulful cosmic selves; an intuitive music expressing the
essence of our collective creative consciousness. "

What's the Vestax Faderboard?

Interesting. I really like the second sample.  It's great to hear Tablas
used more with looping instruments. I've been bringing mine to my
performances lately. I build a soundscape, and then sit on the ground
and solo with them.

Kris