RE: zen and the fluent music

Was the "maybe know" slip on purpose?  If so NICE, if
not... NICE! ;)

Anyway, this idea of "gestalt" is very commonly
accepted in the world of visual arts and design, so I
think it's certain that it translates to music.
Humans look for patterns.  There's no doubt in my
mind.  Visual, aural... in everything.  Does it have
anything to do with the construction of our headmeat?
Of course it does.  We're software running on
dedicated hardware all made by the same manufacturer.
I feel that in our case new apps loaded actually have
the ability to alter our hardware... within reason.
No amount of culture or education is going to make me
look at this

      : :

and not "see" a square although no lines are present.
That type of thing is in our core program, IMO, and
that's why music so easily crosses cultural boundaries
like no other form of communication.  I can sit and
listen to non lyrical music from Bulgaria or Bali or
Boston and still "get it."

--- "loop.pool" <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:

It is an interesting, the Jungian notion of
synchronicity:     I think it is
a particularly human perception.   Because, according
to the
binary/synaptic model of human perception, we try to
see patterning in our attempts to survive and live in
the world and because we imbue those patterns with
significance,
we have a tendency to  align percieved patterns
together and they line up with each other (the Wizard
of Oz and Pink Floyd's "The
Wall".................Ted and Jeff's improvisations
with the premade
video animations of David Tristram from the other
evening).    Does it mean that outside of human
perception that there is a connection between the two.

Maybe yes,  maybe know.