RE: My "Pretty Song"...

I called it "drivel", TJ, but I was being facetious in a self
deprecating way in response to Claude's expression of personal feeling
about the tune. I'd be betraying myself if I were to downgrade anything
I played and recorded live. I am a multi-faceted player, and everything
I do on stage is fully intentionally and played with conviction. Sure,
I'd rather be playing off the wall, experimental music (that being the
ideal state), but despite my comments about growing weary of "pretty
music", I always mix it up at my performances, incorporating many
genres, complexities, and feels - jazz, world, Indian, fusion,
free-style, pop, country, atonal, tonal, rhythmic, non-rhythmic, etc.
Nothing is sacred, or all is sacred for me.  I'm only an extremist in
thought, hardly ever in practice. :)

If you like that tune, you might like these as well..

"Behind the Scenes": http://box.net/public/khartung/files/299971.html
(not pre-written like that previous song, but entirely improvised,
chords and all...a little more difficult to call Band in a Box, given
the jazz chord voicings and free-style I'm using)

"Through and Through": http://box.net/public/khartung/files/298261.html
(another improvised tune, more contemporary and pop-like)

"Places": http://box.net/public/khartung/files/251380.html (from my
debut solo CD "Places"....free flowing intro, all improvised)

"On Park Center": http://box.net/public/khartung/files/251379.html (from
my debut solo CD "Places"...derived from a jazz chart I wrote several
years ago)

All these taken from my catalogue of over 75 downloadable MP3s, here:
http://www.boisemusicians.com/mp3.htm

By the way, I like your sex analogy! I don't see that comparison that
often. :)

Respectfully,

Kris