Re: Augustus Loop, now with better MIDI sync

On Jul 14, 2005, at 9:41, Os wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some of you may be interested to know that I've just updated my
> looping plug-in Augustus Loop to v1.4.3 with much improved MIDI
> sync compatibility.
>
> I'm also maintaining a compatibility chart now at
> http://www.collective.co.uk/expertsleepers/augustussync.html
> which is something of a hall of shame for the larger DAW hosts.
>
> However Ableton Live (which seems to be a popular app on this list)
> now works fully with Augustus as regards MIDI sync.

Hi Os,

I'm a happy user now, but I wonder what else you have changed? It
seems like it doesn't go out of sync that much any longer after
changing beat divisor or wacking audio by the reverse function.

Or maybe this stable feel is because I'm using Augustus Loop now as
the master looper? (sending MIDI clock to Ableton Live and my
FireworX "pre amp / fx processor" unit)

August now delivers that cool "first loop tempo setting" option. For
my looping taste Augustus Loop as the master is the perfect balance
between control and wackyness - I mean Augustus doesn't always come
back right on the downbeat. Sometimes when I have transposed the loop
a dozen times, or reversed it etc, it is a quarter note off or so and
then you'll have to kick in the revers for a second - or change the
beat divisor and back again. These tricks use to get the loop back
into the beat, which is amazing because Augustus Loop is supposed to
be a free flowing tape delay simulator? You must have done something
new to this version in that meter syncing department!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)
www.boysen.se (Swedish)