RE: Steps Ahead / Michael Brecker

Yes, he was using Jazz Chorus amps and his characteristic sound. Though I
was more concentrated on Mike Mainieri. He was amazing! But Richard Bona
was
just unbelievable. While playing the bass line, he was intonating the
melody
of "Wishing Well" unisono with Stern. They'd already done this on the 2001
CD "Voices": http://blogcritics.org/archives/2004/01/26/114847.php
There's a short excerpt on http://www.guitar9.com/audio/voices4.mp3
And they played my favourite tune "Pools" by Don Grolnick!
Bernhard