Boss DD-5/6 marketing rant (was RE: Promo Event last Wednesday, July 13th documented)

Luis,

I was told at a GuitarCenter that the DD-5 is no longer produced. The DD-6
has limited looping capability but beware if you depend on the tapping
feature: the DD-6 no longer has a separate tapping input jack but instead
you must press the pedal for 3 seconds while in delay-mode in order to put
it into tapping mode. This means you can only tap the tempo of a delay that
is already on (with most probably wrong timing, otherwise, why would you
want to tap it)! Genuinely bad interface design...

BTW: someone should teach those marketing guys at Boss a lesson. They're
insulting a musician's intellect.

E.g.: "The BOSS DD-5 [...] access to delays from 1ms all the way up to a
walloping 2000ms. " yeah, 2000 milliseconds sounds a lot more "walloping"
than 2 seconds, right... (http://www.bossus.com/index.asp?pg=1&tmp=15)

"The DD-6 [...] Reverse mode makes it easy to get trippy ‘60s and
‘70s-style
 effects, while the newly designed Warp mode creates radical delay effects
 on the fly." (http://www.bossus.com/index.asp?pg=1&tmp=118)

Exactly what I need: "instant", "easy", "on the fly", ... And thanx for
being so specific about the "radical delay effects"!

(I use the DD-5 on a daily basis, though ;) )

Bernhard
http://nosuch.biz
http://loopfestival.com