Re: Inexpensive/Easy Way to Stream Live Performances

Kris,

This sounds like a great idea and I wish you the best of luck.  It
certainly seems like it should be do-able.  The solution I'm imagining
would involve running your audio into the laptop, doing a continuous
conversion into mp3, then streaming that out.  Certainly doesn't sound
too difficult, or too taxing on the hardware.  Unfortunately, I don't
know of any applications off the top of my head.

What OS are you using?  I think I could cook something up on my linux
box using available tools and a simple script, but that probably
wouldn't help you if you're on Windows.  OSX might have similar
capabilities, but I don't know.

Todd