RE: rest in peace, mr. zvonar

I got a chance to meet Richard a dozen times, and see him perform and speak
several times as well.  He was a learned gent, and although his dry sense
of
humor enabled him to hide it, a sensitive sort as well.  I know he had a
good life, doing what he loved--see his website--and probably was most
renown for his work with Diamanda Galas.  He was something of a homeboy,
having graduated from UCSD (think that is where he got his PhD).  Sorry to
hear of his passing, he wasn't much older than I am--but life is precious,
and he made the most of it!
A nice guy, and I won't forget him.  And like Rick, I would have liked to
have heard him loop some gee-tar.
Gary Lehmann
PS  I played at the Mission Bay Hilton today, and met a fellow playing
there
who is playing tonight (maybe right now!)at the Feng Shui function
http://www.fengshuiseminars.com/conferences/speakers/riki_newell.htm
He seems to do looping, had a Lexicon Jamman with the Sellon mod.
I got to show him what I was doing with the Ztar and Echoplex, had some fun
with that.
Gary