Re: Re: transistor radios Re: Re: bose pa speaker thingie

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, mark sottilaro wrote:

> I always wanted to do a show where people brought (or
> were lent) small FM radios with headphones and instead
> of a traditional PA I did a small FM broadcast at a
> specific frequency.  Ideally it would be an outdoor
> show.  I think it would be great to see a huge group
> of people groov'n to music that's silent to onlookers.
> Perhaps people could even get some sleep at
> Burningman if such technology was used. ;)
>
> Mark

I think that's exactly what the big Glastonbury music festival in England
did this summer in response to a noise edict that would have prevented
them doing their big nighttime rave: they got something like 3000 Walkmans
and distributed them to everyone who came :).

best,
Steve B
Phasmatodea     http://www.phasmatodea.net/
Subscape Annex  http://www.subscapeannex.com/