Re: Echoplex Footpedal not responding

the edp footpedal is badly designed. i have seen posts that suggests that it uses different resistances in the switches that the brain translates to decide which function to perform. dumb idea. anything could throw that off. dirty switches, interference etc. maybe its not even debounced adequately as someone also had some luck with putting capacitance across it. either way its very unreliable. frightening to depend on onstage.
all u can do is clean it with contact cleaner and say 3 hail marys.
GET A MIDI FOOTPEDAL.
the behringer FCB1010 is the choice of most including mine for versatility, price and reliability.

___
Adrian Bartholomew
Leawood KS