Re: EDP+Logic Problems

Hi Erland,

Once upon a time I succeeded to run Logic as the slave to my EDP,
while recording both audio and MIDI into Logic. But that was on a
5.something PC version of Logic. When I was not able do that again in
later Logic versions (mostly using Mac OS X now) I discussed it with
Emagic and was told that it's not possible. For the latest
productions I have done with Logic and EDP I have therefore been
slaving the EDP to Logic (or Live) by MIDI clock, which works
flawlessly.

For me this all comes down to what I want to do musically. If I want
the global tempo of my looping rig to go up and down with the EDP's
speed button I run the EDP as the master. This also gives me the
option to set the tempo by the first EDP loop created.

But quite often I like to make funny noises with my EDP by jumping
between half speed and normal speed while in overdubbing mode. Then
it would not sound good if the tempo should also jump 100 or 50
percent ;-) and it makes perfect sense to run the EDP as the slave.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)
www.boysen.se (Swedish)