Re: My Effects pedal dream

Thanks to you all for your comments.
I have combined my answers into this one mail-box friendly packet!!

1.      David- Ta for the concern, maybe I am a young hick but my edp has
always
lived on the floor , it used to just sit on the stage floor so I guess my
little EDP thinks its in heaven with a whole 1/4 inch of ground clearanceJ
basically the edp is anchored at the sides to the left hand side of the
board and a middle support. Round the back is a big powerstrip for all my
plug, so if beer does go on it I’ll have more to worry about then the
edp!!
Point taken though, I may as some point make a back for the whole shebang
with angled slats for ventilation.

2.      Todd- From a standing position I can still see the readout over
the top
of my edp controller, so far so good with regard to that. (although I got
caught out with my homebrew controller which dosn’t have any notation of
buttons when I accidentally stopped the whole loop rather then going into
reverse, I looked  but silly!!). Again this may make some of you shudder,
but when the EDP sat on the floor I often ended up putting some stomp box
on
top of it to save room, therefore I had a good idea of the height I would
be
able to use live. If you are thinking of making a two layer board I would
surgest raiding your bookshelf and making various layouts with steps using
books just ot get a feel for what you can manage with. For me this is the
better of two evils as all my effects used to be in one long row leading
some monty-python esque  leg movements to trigger my OC-3 and remain
singing
in the mike! Two levels rock!! Although I should again warn, think of
where
the mike stand legs will go when you design, this has taken a bit of
figuring out for me, I now have it set at the far back right corner and
the
boom arm extended fully coming diagonally up, (not totally attractive) as
for putting the whole thing inside something the duvet-cover cover is
working for me as it is light and can just be unzipped and curled under
the
edges. Some of he gigs I get have litrally a 3minute setup rule so this is
important if you have a good bag, build to that size spec, one less thing
worry about. Go for it!!

3.Ted. At the mo I am using tap tempo rather then midi synch as  I can be
very choosy about where I use the beat synch stuff and its hard to just
turn
it off mid song. However at home I have tried both, I found both work for
different applications. If a beat synch is important in the first loop,
obviously it has to be set by the Linn  to the edp but if you intend to
start with non synch stuff then suddenly drop in a Arpeggio or something
(my
fav way) the an edp master works great. Be carful about the 8th settings
though as they can interact with stuff really weirdly, for instance on a
four beat bar at 120bmp the delay effects sounded great, but I switched to
chorus and of course I got a mushy wobble!!

4.Tim. What can I say, the bitrman rules!!! I loop an acoustic and I
actually had a guy wander to right infront of the mike and get down on his
knees to watch the pedals as I summoned some deamon-from-hell for the
grand-finally (god I love that ring mod!!)

anyway thanks to you all
Phill

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters