RE: Devil's AdvocateRE: Dear RED STATES

> The Red Staters had reasons to vote for Dub. We may not be able to fully
> comprehend those reasons, but WE CANNOT write these people off as HeeHaw
> goofballs and inbred haters. You will not win over anybody if you insult
> them, contrary to what Howard Dean thinks. Resist the urge. Reach out.
>Try
> to find some common ground.

very good Tim. 'Dear red states'  is a fun article to read and it is
tempting to make fun of Bush lovers, or hate them because they are often so
hateful and stupid, but of course this won't help anyone. Trying to see
their reasons, and respect that they can't do otherwise, is the only valid
position even though it may be difficult.

-Michael
www.michaelpeters.de