Re: EDP Footpedal vs. FCB1010 ? ?

Michael Peters wrote:
>>Just want to add to my previous post that you might want to get at
>>those LOOP4 direct midi functions. I can't see how the FCB-7 can do
>>that even by setting up dedicated EDP programs, so you will need
>>something that sends MIDI note numbers.
>

> maybe this could also be done using the small external midi controller,
>an
> LV1 or something ... can it?

If you're willing to use your hands, I like the M-Audio Trigger Finger.

     http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/TriggerFinger-main.html

It's about 10 inches square and has a threaded socket underneath
so you can attach it to a stand.  You get 16 touch sensitive pads
that can be used to invoke functions as well as trigger loops
with velocity sensitivity.  There are also 8 rotary controllers
and 4 sliders which you could use for EDP volume and feedback.
It has "banks" so you can access every DirectMIDI function
on the EDP.

Jeff