Re: EDP through rane SM82 problem

Doesn't the SM82 prefer balanced connections?  Is there a hum if you bypass the Rane?

The "boom" when you're powering down is because the Mackie has a "soft power down", and the Rane doesn't.  You just need to be old school and remember to power down the active speakers first.  Or, you could try turning the master out on the Rane all the way down and then power down.