RE: Transporting acoustic guitars on airlines

> The DC to JFK jump was in a small propeller plane.  As we were walking
across the tarmac to board the plane, one of the ground crew stopped me
and said, "there's no room for anything like that on board."  I just
looked at him and confidently said "I do it all the time."  When I got
on board, I found out that he was totally correct, the overhead bins
were large enough to fit your sack lunch and not much more.  On one side
of the aisle, there were two seats and on the other side, one.  I chose
one of the single seats, put my guitar between me and the window,
covered myself with a blanket and spread out a large magazine to cover
the fact that there was a guitar head getting comfy with my armpit.  To
this day I'll never know if they were aware of it and just let it
pass...

This is exactly the type of plane I will be on...it's one of those jet
powered prop planes.  Hmmmm....I need to think about this more now. If I
take my acoustic, there is no way I can slip it between me and the seat.
If I take my electric, I'll be able to, but I am on an isle seat because
of my siatica....bad news.  I think I'm better off having them put my
acoustic under the plane it the hard shell case, in the temperature
controlled and pressured area.

 Kris

http://mail.yahoo.com