Re: why do we loop?

To make as many "beeps and boops" as I can to my heart's content.

Ben <benoitruelle@yahoo.fr> wrote:
Same here.
I won't perhaps speak of meditation per se, but well as a way to evacuate
the stress of the day.
Just letting the stress go out via a guitar or a synth brings back calm and
serenity.
It's amazing to see how the first part is usually full of distorsion and
noise effects while the end is more clean and harmonic.
I'm looping also because I'm lazy and believe in the happy accident, I
almost never save a preset on a synth or multiFx, I never record my
experiments (this may change with mobius and the quick save button), I can
play with the sound coming from the random button on some of my synths
during several hours.

Looping is also a way to make what I want when I want. It's less stress than
reheasing in a band every day X at time Y. I can do noisy stuff if I want,
experiment, stop, let the loop run till the next day and start again. That's
freedom.
Then you swith the looper off and it's gone. Looping is like life, past
actions live on and on, sometime fading, but still giving you a direction to
follow.

Looping is like painting with colors.
The 7 notes of the scale, the 7 colors of the raibow, the 7 chakras, all
these are linked. Notes are given chakra colors.
This bring us back to the meditation stuff. Speak about looping!

I'm glad this subject came in.

Some day my website (www.the-7-wandering-stars.be.tf) will be ready and I
could stream or post stuff to an hypothetic audience. But in the meantime
looping is mainly an egocentric thing.

Sorry if my bad english makes me explaining stuff a bit laborious.

Ben.