Re: why do we loop?

> --- Kevin Cheli-Colando <kevin@minds-eye.org> wrote:
>
> >The answer that keeps coming back is just that I'd
> like to see how the >music changes when I have even
> more attention and energy available.
>
> I find that often just the opposite is the case.  I
> have more attention going to how my set up is
> different (truncated compared to my home setup) and
> how the audience is reacting.  Last time I played out
> we did a big jam thing at the end and my girlfriend
> said, "you played really well but at the end you were
> totally overpowering everyone else.  I had no idea as
> there wasn't a monitor pointed at or anywhere near me.
>
> Really, the best musical experiences I've ever had
> were when playing (with or without loops) in a
> controlled environment like my studio or a practice
> space.  I'd love to find a situation like that again
> but I can't seem to find anyone in the SF area who'd
> be up for it.  All the energy of an "audience" PLUS
> the beauty of an improv partner with none of the
> hassles of schlepping gear.

Yeah, I can see that and that thought is probably what keeps me from
actually trying to play out at all.

I suppose the best would be to have a studio in a place big enough to
have people over who like to hang out and hear strange live music being
created.

Kevin

How amazing, how amazing!
Hard to comprehend that