Re: why do we play live? (mini Adrian Belew review too!)

Mark

I am beginning to get to the same place. I understand the need to move and
physically express joy to music. A very necessary thing at some level. On
the other hand, being so cluster-f*ckingly self absorbed as to dance into
people  and being completely disrespectful of their personal space and
enjoyment of the concert is just plain unacceptable. Most of these
particular folk are on some manner of chemically-based agenda in relation
to the music. I've no problem with that, being that I've enjoyed certain
moments of chemically induced musical appreciation on many an occasion,
though that is no longer a possibility while trying to go to school and
pay a mortgage. The whole self-absorbed aspect of that manner of behaviour
seems off-putting. It all boils down to basic respect for the artist and
your fellow audiwnce members. And unfortunately, there is a complete
drought of such behaviour. I am to the point where I only go to see live
music 7-10 times a year any more. Too many headaches, including parking,
price,  other concert-goers, onwards to poor sound quality and crap
venues. What about you? I realize alot of this is a function of age and am
willing to be consider an old f*rt.

Ideas?

He who lurks.........

Todd