earplugs

At 10:59 PM +0200 10/10/05, Per Boysen wrote:
>On Oct 10, 2005, at 22:40, mark sottilaro wrote:
>
>>One: TOO FUCKING LOUD.  I'm sick of going to shows
>>that are so loud you need ear protection.
>
>!
>
>I can recommend a very good type of musician ear protection plugs
>that are casted in soft silicon by the shape of your ears. You can
>choose between -15 dB or -20 dB filters without any reduction of the
>high frequencies. I bought mine eleven years ago and they still give
>me great musical pleasure. You have to deal with it or stay out of
>it ;-)

Etymotic Research:  http://www.etymotic.com/

I have their regular earplugs and a set of earphones for my iPod
(which I also use in the studio).  I'm about to get a set of
custom-molded plugs with two different filters (15 dB and 25 dB
reduction).

--

David Gans - david@trufun.com or david@gdhour.com
Truth and Fun, Inc., 484 Lake Park Ave. #102, Oakland CA 94610-2730