Digitech Jamman - Line input

thanks for these answers, I've got a final question abour this product!
It's about the input.. I Guess, I am not the only one to loop a pod
signal, that enable me to loop other acoustic signal that will not sound
crap after been amplified..

The manual is once again not really clear on that.. the is 3,5" mono
jack input for Cd player stuff, and a 6,5"mono jack input for
instruments.. so what does happen if you send a line signal through the
supposed instruments input (the 6,5" one)?

cheers

sonic steph,