Re: AW: OT: Digitech Jamman for sale - a hair from new

I think part of what you're hearing isn't a slight
toward you, but a lament of a group of people hungry
for more choices in the looper world, but unhappy with
what companies are coming out with.  Price has little
to do with it.  The DL4 can be had at a similar price
point and it's considered a great piece of gear.  My
main looper is a Repeater, but I love my $200 Boss
Gigadelay.  I think my first true looper cost me $75
used... an old Digitech RDS8000.  Hell, if they just
rereleased that with more memory they'd have a great
product!

This weekend I did most of my looping with $29 dollar
software (Expert Sleepers' Augustus Loop)  Worked like
a charm.  No one's diss'n the quality of the Digitech
JamMan or the people who use it.  They're questioning
the logic of releasing a looper that lacks some very
basic functionality that could make it great.  I for
one do not buy a looper that doesn't have some sort of
feedback control no matter what the price.

Mark

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/