Re: Re: ethics

>If I misrepresented the origin of those ideas, I might consider that
>unethical.  Again not illegal, competing technology companies
>implement each others ideas all the time and they never bother to give
>each other credit.  But I would have a problem with that.  I think I'm
>fairly careful to point out which ideas are mine, and which aren't.
>If anyone thinks otherwise, please let me know what sort of pronouncements
>or disclaimers you think would be appropriate.
>
>Jeff

A lot of the "buzz" around Mobius is that it is based on the EDP.
In effect you are using the EDP name to promote your software.

I don't know whether that's ethical or not, it's certainly standard
practice
for music software. It might look like "stealing" the reputation of the
EDP.

 From my viewpoint, Mobius doesn't have half of the EDP features that
I regularly use, so i wouldn't consider it an emulator.

Good luck with the pitch shifting, and make sure you fix
those stability issues,
(but surely a true EDP emulator would have to crash occasionally)
  :-)

andy "ccrrrrkkkccccrrkkk" butler